Dear Supporters and Partners,
It is an understatement that all of us are impacted by the seriousness, complexity and unpredictability being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. None more so than the families we serve at Renaissance West Community Initiative (RWCI). This letter is to update you on how RWCI is responding to this crisis.
The safety and well-being of the families we serve, as well as our volunteers, partners and staff is our top priority. RWCI is closely monitoring the situation and deferring to health authorities including Mecklenburg County Health, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and local, state and federal governments.
Based on current public safety guidelines, RWCI is currently operating using social distancing techniques as recommended by the experts. We have activated our Operations Continuity Plan, which allows for all staff to work virtually from home. We are remaining in contact with the families we serve and our community partners to assure continuity of critical supports, as well as to provide much needed social and emotional supports during this extremely anxious time.
Here’s What’s Happening in the Neighborhood:
- CMS is distributing meals for all children 18 and under in the parking lot of Renaissance West STEAM Academy (RWSA) from 10:30 – 12:30 each weekday beginning March 17. Children will receive lunch and a package breakfast for the next day.
- RWSA, our preK-to-8th grade school, provided Chromebooks to allow students to work on schoolwork from home
- The Bulb and Basket Case Farms, two of our food security partners, will also distribute fresh fruits and vegetables in the RWSA parking lot, 1 day per week
- The Howard Levine Child Development Center remains open until further notice.
- RWCI Life Navigators have developed a robust online response plan to provide residents the 1-on-1 support and referrals necessary.
- Our Mental Health partners remain accessible and are providing resources to those who need it.
- Property Management has closed the Dr. John T. Crawford Renaissance Center to the public, which includes the RWCI offices on the 2nd Floor.
RWCI remains committed to serving the needs of the children and families in our community. If you wish to make a gift in support of our work, please visit the Donation page on our website or contact Amanda G. Schneider at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What we do in the community is not possible without the care and support of partners like you. Please, be safe and take care of each other.
Questions? Email Mack McDonald at email@example.com.
The RWCI Team